Byurakan Observatory

were restored by his grandson, Ovnatanom Ovnatanyanom. Manuscript, superb clerical robes, embroidered curtains and bedspreads, crosses and other ritual objects made of silver, gold and ivory are exhibited in Museum. Several of the exhibits relate to the tenth century. Another city that is worth a visit – Ashtarak. There you can enjoy superb views of the highest mountain in Armenia – Mount Aragats height 4095 meters. Attractions Ashtarak include church Tsiranavor (V century), and a small church Karmravor (VII century).

In neighboring Byurakan Observatory is named after Viktor Ambartsumian, widely known in the world for its scientific achievements in the field of astronomy. Virap and the ruins of the ancient Armenian capital – a good reason to visit Ashtarak. Central Church of St. Astvatsatsin refers to the end of the 17 th century. A small church of St.

Gevorg was built in 642, Catholicos Nerses Builder. Legend has it that Gregory the Illuminator was imprisoned in a deep dungeon of the monastery. In the second century bc Ashtarak was the capital of Armenia. You can also visit another former capital of the Dvina. The village of Garni almost continuously has been inhabited since the 3rd millennium bc City periodically destroyed by earthquakes. Garni pagan temple was built around 1977 bc The temple was destroyed during an earthquake in 1679 and was rebuilt in the early 1970's. On his walls can be seen a number of inscriptions 9-10th centuries in the Arabic azyke. Sights not to mention all the sights of Armenia whether the ruins of cities, old churches and monasteries. There are too many! Ancient Spitak Gyumri, Syunik and other cities allow the traveler as much as possible to get acquainted with Armenian history and culture. In almost every valley or gorge is a monastery or a church or cross stone. In ancient manuscripts Armenia is often referred to as "Karastan", which means the country rock, virtually all of which turned Stonebruiser skilful work of art. It is not a gift, an Armenian poet Gevorg Emin said: 'In Armenia has a lot of different stones, but you'll hardly find a single nenadpisanny or unadorned enough just scratched with a fingernail any of them and you will find a character for Armenian letters or just a picture. " English poet Lord Byron, who has spent most of his life in the Armenian monastery in Venice, described Armenia as one of the most interesting places on earth. He once wrote to his friend: "If the scriptures properly understood, it is in Armenia where is paradise, and it is in Armenia ended with the Great Flood. " Throughout its history, Armenia is periodically destroyed by other civilizations and peoples, as well as at the end of 20 century there was a horrifying and chilling massacre of Armenians – about 1.5 million civilians were simply destroyed by the Ottoman Empire and Armenia – is devoid of their traditional territories, but she continues to live and grow, no matter what

Apartments and Businesses

In 1896 it was referred to the number of hotels that 'when the relative cheapness give famous visitor amenities and even some comfort. " Prices of rooms at the hotel ranged from 75 cents to 5 rubles. In this hotel stopped by Anton . Since 1964, the first floor housed most famous coffee shop, entered the urban folklore as 'Saigon'. In it there were also communicated by the representatives of the Leningrad counterculture – starting with Joseph Brodsky and Sergei Dovlatov Today the center of Saint Petersburg – Nevsky Prospekt from Square (now Square uprising) until the River in the middle of the xix century was regarded as the city outskirts.

A case as in 1819 a fire inspector, Check for damaged lights at Znamensky Square, attacked the wolf. This part Nevsky Prospekt and in 1840 was called 'the edge of the world'; there were mostly one-or two-story house, and got here cabbies grumbled. One of the passengers wrote a cabman tirade: 'sharpen already drove away! No people like b and scary! " For Anichkov bridge to the station Nikolaev railway on Nevsky Prospect began dirt, dimly burning lights rare. In 1866, the Metropolitan Chief Chief of Police ordered to strengthen the Night Watch 'by Anichkin bridge to the railway station Nicholas '-' to prevent looting. " Walk in the evenings there was risky. In the 60 years of xix century on Nevsky Prospekt were wooden houses with front gardens. Stone buildings this part of the Nevsky were built mainly during the second half of xix century. Later, many buildings were rebuilt several times, extending upward and into the depths of quarters.

They were located apartment houses, restaurants, rooming room In 1884, the Nevsky Prospect began covering electricity. The house at number 51 – a typical apartment building. It was built in 1835. The apartment has windows facing the courtyard in the middle of the xix century, lived ia Goncharov. Here he worked on his novel 'Oblomov'. Some time in the house was a hotel, and at the beginning of xx century, located cinema 'Moulin Rouge', one of the first movie theaters in St. Petersburg. Now this house is a fashion store 'Tatiana Parfenova' travel company 'Russian Cruises' and familiar fur salon.