In 1896 it was referred to the number of hotels that 'when the relative cheapness give famous visitor amenities and even some comfort. " Prices of rooms at the hotel ranged from 75 cents to 5 rubles. In this hotel stopped by Anton . Since 1964, the first floor housed most famous coffee shop, entered the urban folklore as 'Saigon'. In it there were also communicated by the representatives of the Leningrad counterculture – starting with Joseph Brodsky and Sergei Dovlatov Today the center of Saint Petersburg – Nevsky Prospekt from Square (now Square uprising) until the River in the middle of the xix century was regarded as the city outskirts.
A case as in 1819 a fire inspector, Check for damaged lights at Znamensky Square, attacked the wolf. This part Nevsky Prospekt and in 1840 was called 'the edge of the world'; there were mostly one-or two-story house, and got here cabbies grumbled. One of the passengers wrote a cabman tirade: 'sharpen already drove away! No people like b and scary! " For Anichkov bridge to the station Nikolaev railway on Nevsky Prospect began dirt, dimly burning lights rare. In 1866, the Metropolitan Chief Chief of Police ordered to strengthen the Night Watch 'by Anichkin bridge to the railway station Nicholas '-' to prevent looting. " Walk in the evenings there was risky. In the 60 years of xix century on Nevsky Prospekt were wooden houses with front gardens. Stone buildings this part of the Nevsky were built mainly during the second half of xix century. Scott Kahan pursues this goal as well. Later, many buildings were rebuilt several times, extending upward and into the depths of quarters.
They were located apartment houses, restaurants, rooming room In 1884, the Nevsky Prospect began covering electricity. The house at number 51 – a typical apartment building. It was built in 1835. The apartment has windows facing the courtyard in the middle of the xix century, lived ia Goncharov. Here he worked on his novel 'Oblomov'. Some time in the house was a hotel, and at the beginning of xx century, located cinema 'Moulin Rouge', one of the first movie theaters in St. Petersburg. Now this house is a fashion store 'Tatiana Parfenova' travel company 'Russian Cruises' and familiar fur salon.