The headquarters of the district were abandoned and the church of the set on fire padroeiro. ' ' Nor the mortal remains of the cemetary had been removed of the place, that now in turn lies buried in fundo' ' the president of Rio De Janeiro would have said then, in 1911, Francisco Botelho, according to notebook ' ' Sunday of the Periodical of the Brasil' ' of 1990. For that they lived there the destruction started well before. Decades before the confirmation of that the city would go to disappear, its inhabitants had been obliged to run away to try to survive, thus, nor the minimum paid indemnity for the company they had received. The district still if it finds under waters, in the called place Bar. As the place was reached by waters before exactly of the destruction of the houses, many, when sighting some parts that are to the sample in the period of dry, finish confusing with Are Joo Landmarks.
The PROGRESS CULMINATING WITH the END OF the CITY Some time after its arrival to the region, at the beginning of the decade of 30, the Light started to plead, next to the federal government, the expansion of the dam. The arguments presented for the Light were: the urgent necessity to extend the water supply for Rio De Janeiro, then Capital Federal, that if it supplied with small sources that already did not take care of to the necessities of the consumption; to extend the capacity of generation of electric energy in the state, basic engine of the industrialization, that already started if to develop the wide steps. This last argument can be considered great the attractive one for then the president of the Getlio, Federative Republic of Brazil Vargas, since one of the developed sectors more in its government she was the industrial. Of this form, for many, this would be the explanation so that Getlio agreed to the destruction of Is Joo Landmarks.